Frequently Asked Oxygen Concentrator Questions:1.What is Oxygen Therapy?
Oxygen therapy is delivered as gas from an oxygen concentrator or a cylinder. Oxygen inhaled by the patient via nasal cannula or a mask.
2.How do I select a portable system?
How often you leave your home, the length of trips, and mode of travel will determine the most appropriate portable oxygen system is for you.
3. What is Pulse flow?
This is how the the oxygen is delivered to the patient. Pulse flow machine delivers oxygen only when the patient inhales; continuous flow delivers a constant flow of oxygen.
4. Can I use pulse dose at night when I sleep ?
Most doctors recommend continuous flow for sleeping.
5. Can I use a portable oxygen concentrator for my infant child?
We have flow meters that can adapt the flow rate as needed.
6. Can I use my Portable Oxygen Concentrator when I travel internationally?
Yes, all you will need is the proper plug adapter.
7. Are there DC adapters for traveling in the car?
Yes, portable oxygen concentrators have a DC adapter. We also stock replacement DC adapters.
8.What are the requirements for traveling by air with my portable oxygen concentrator ?
- Call the airlines to obtain rules and arrange for accommodations.
- The airline may require a letter from your physician, or a current prescription.
- Direct flights are recommended whenever possible.
- Keep your unit charged while before boarding or during any layovers.
- FAA guidelines require battery sufficient for at least 150% of your flight time.